Cooperative Community Development Award
Cooperatives are evaluated on 1) demonstrated community leadership; 2) involvement in community development programs; 3) contributions to community and civic organizations; 4) leadership in economic development activities; and 5) activities to advance the Touchstone Energy® core values.
Section 1—Identification (on application form)
- Name of cooperative nominee
- Community organizations that the cooperative is actively involved with on a regular basis
- Special recognition or awards in the last five years
- Name of nominator(s)
Section 2—Achievements. Please provide information regarding the following in a separate, typewritten attachment. It’s important that each category below is addressed individually; each category is assigned a point value in the judging/evaluation process.
Describe the cooperative’s specific accomplishments and contributions to community development in the following areas:
- Jobs creation and work force development
- Assistance with essential services (new or expanded)
- Leveraging available economic development tools to support community development
- Pilot projects or programs to advance co-op readiness for meeting changing member expectations, changing energy sources such as renewables, and innovative partnerships for economic development
- Communications and member education/outreach to promote the cooperative advantage and the Touchstone Energy brand
- Not to exceed three single-spaced, typewritten pages for all of Section 2.
Section 3--Supporting Documents
- Application may be accompanied by no more than three letters of recommendation.