Cooperative Leadership Award
Candidates are evaluated on 1) service to enhance the prestige of rural electric cooperatives; 2) service to community; 3) exceptional leadership and contributions to NDAREC and the rural electric program; and 4) unusual devotion to duty.
Eligible nominees include rural electric directors, general managers and CEOs, of active or retired status.
Section 1—Identification (on application form)
- Name of nominee
- Nominee’s position
- Name and address of cooperative
- Years the nominee has been active in the rural electric cooperative program
- Organizations with which associated
- Special recognitions or awards
Section 2—Achievements. Please provide information regarding the following in a separate, typewritten attachment. Each category is assigned a point value in the judging/evaluation process so it’s important that each category below is addressed individually.
- Describe nominee’s specific accomplishments and contributions to your cooperative and others where he or she has worked or has been a director.
- Describe nominee’s voluntary service in community and civic organizations, including leadership positions.
- Describe nominee’s specific service and contributions to NDAREC.
- List nominee’s involvement and contributions to NRECA and other cooperative organizations.
- Identify accomplishments and contributions to the electric utility industry.
- Not to exceed three single-spaced, typewritten pages for all of Section 2.
Section 3--Supporting Documents
- Accompanied by no more than three letters of recommendations.
- Please include candid photo of nominee preferably involved with an activity, event or program identified in Section 2.