Helping Hand Award
Candidates are evaluated on 1) dedication and personal commitment to rural electric cooperatives; co-op leadership, through both personal and public example; and
3) long-term contributions to the cooperative movement.
Eligible nominees include publicly elected or appointed officials, residing in or out of state, or a North Dakota cooperative member-owner or North Dakota citizen.
Section 1—Identification (on application form)
- Name of nominee
- Nominee’s position, job or office title
- Years the nominee has been involved in the rural electric cooperative movement
- Organizations with which associated
Section 2—Achievements. Please provide information regarding the following in a separate, typewritten attachment. Each category is assigned a point value in the judging/evaluation process so it’s important that each category below is addressed individually.
- Describe nominee’s specific accomplishments and contributions to the rural electric program.
- List qualifications that make this nominee a strategic ally to electric cooperatives and the rural electric cooperative program.
- Provide examples of nominee’s unusual devotion to duty and the effects of that unusual devotion.
- Provide examples of nominee’s effectiveness in building coalitions between business, government and rural electric cooperatives.
- Not to exceed three single-spaced, typewritten pages for all of Section 2.
Section 3--Supporting Documents
- Accompanied by no more than three letters of recommendation.
- May include relevant photos and newspaper articles about the nominee’s contributions identified in Section 2.
- Please include candid photo of nominee preferably involved with an activity, event or program identified in Section 2.