Our services include professional development programs for directors, managers and employees. Please click on the service below to find out more. Send us an e-mail if we can be of service to you.
2018 Engineering & Operations Webinars PDF Version
*Dates may have changed on the above pdf for the education menu, for an updated and current list of dates click on this link: NDAREC Association Dates
YOUR CULTURE STRATEGY: FIVE BUILDING BLOCKS OF YOUR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
Developing a strong culture is a journey; every business is at a different place in this journey. This webinar will highlight key principles and decisions needed to support a strong culture. The next step is to make sure employees know and understand them.
- Three business benefits of a strong culture
- Five culture building blocks and how they function inside your cooperative to drive retention of high-performing employees
- An action plan to integrate your culture building blocks with the cooperative’s leaders and teams
PROFESSIONAL ETHICS FOR UTILITY PERSONNEL
Uplift is a common problem in the electric utility industry. Understanding the causes for uplift is the beginning of solving and preventing uplift on the distribution system. Recognizing instances where uplift typically occurs will lead to design practices that eliminate the problem before construction. Understanding the causes of uplift, will help designers re-design existing structures to correct existing problems.
- Situations that may be considered unethical
- Mitigation of potentially unethical circumstances before they become a problem
PRIMER ON CURRENT DEMAND˜SIDE MANAGEMENT PRACTICES
Demand-side management is employed with various goals and methods, which can include sustainability, improving load factor, reducing generation requirements, reduction in transmission congestion, and reducing wholesale power costs. Advances in communication such as RF mesh radio systems and smart thermostats have increased the number and types of tools available for deployment.
- Common goals for demand-side management
- Tools and techniques used for demand-side management
- Communication infrastructure requirements, such as RF mesh radio systems and smart thermostats