This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer
Our Mission: Add new wealth to the economy by creating, retaining, and expanding rural cooperatives and other primary sector business enterprises
The Rural Electric and Telecommunications Development Center has been providing federally-supported technical assistance to rural areas since 1994. Operating under the umbrella of NDAREC and the North Dakota Association of Telecommunications Cooperatives (NDATC), the Center has come to be recognized as a major development player in North Dakota. We are networked with 16 electric cooperatives and 12 telecommunications co-ops in a statewide effort focusing on sustaining and growing rural areas. The local cooperatives assist the Center with rural development activities and community outreach. North Dakota’s rural electric and telecommunications cooperatives have been providing matching funds for the Center since 1994.
We promote and support development of cooperatives and economic development through consultation, technical assistance, financing programs and education.
- Provide organizational and business development guidance
- Business development analysis
- Cooperative development strategies
- Assist in obtaining start-up funds for research and development activities
- Provide start-up administrative services
- Provide professional referrals
- Sponsor conferences and seminars for business cooperative directors and managers
- Coordinate local and state rural development efforts
- Sponsored by the North Dakota Association of Rural Electric Cooperatives.
- Financially sponsored by North Dakota’s rural electric cooperatives, North Dakota’s telecommunications cooperatives, and USDA Rural Development.
Economic Development & Finance
Ag Products Utilization Commission
Manufacturing Technology Partnership
ND Development Fund
Quentin Burdick Center for Cooperatives
Ag Research Fund
Marketplace of Ideas
North Dakota Coordinating Council for