Sept. 2018 Cooperative Connection
“The Cooperative Connection” is designed especially for new employees and first-term directors who want to learn more about their cooperatives and the electric utility industry.
This orientation program is intended to help new employees and first-term directors gain a broader understanding of:
- The business purpose and structure of member-owned utilities
- The benefits of working together through a cooperative network
- Resources available to support their local cooperatives
- Cooperative business structure and principles
- The cooperative network and alliances
- Components of an electric system and how they impact the end-use member
- Legislation and regulations that impact electric cooperatives and their members
- Contemporary issues and making the member connection
Meet your classroom instructor for Sept. 14
Bryan Singletary began his career with Florida Power Corporation, advancing rapidly to the position of vice president before he was 30 years old. For more than 20 years Singletary has owned and operated Practical Energies, a utility consulting firm specializing in assisting client companies to meet the needs of their consumers.
With more than 30 years in the electric utility industry, Singletary has consulted with hundreds of utilities in the design, development and implementation of a wide range of customer programs. His client list includes both the largest and smallest utilities in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean.
An accomplished speaker and writer, Singletary is a nationally sought-after lecturer and trainer in the areas of utility competition and strategic planning, key accounts management, distributed generation, technology implementation, demand-side management, customer service and power quality. His teaching style is to present information and guide discussions in an atmosphere that is relaxed and entertaining.