Director Education Suite
Earn your Credentialed Cooperative Director certification (CCD) by attending our board governance programs!
Financial Decision Making, NRECA Credentialed Cooperative Director #2640
Sept. 9 and 10 — Online Course
This course helps directors understand the role of the board in financial planning, including the basic documents used in financial planning and reporting. It also covers assessing the issues that drive financial decisions, balancing competing goals and taking responsibility to monitor and evaluate results.
• Key financial decisions boards must make
• Three key financial documents and three key financial ratios
• The basics of allocating and retiring capital credits policy
• Key elements of an equity management policy
• Rate-making basics
Capital Credits Issues and Decisions, NRECA Board Leadership #975
October 23 and 24 — ONLINE
Adopting and implementing a capital credits policy are key responsibilities of a cooperative’s board of directors and management. In this era of increased scrutiny of capital credits by members and legislators, directors must understand the co-op’s capital credits policy, be able to explain it to the membership, and ensure that management designs and implements a communications plan for the capital credits philosophy.
• How funds will be allocated to members
• Whether or not to make special retirements
• The best approach to retiring capital credits and maximizing the value for the cooperative and its members
Instructor: Mike Bunney