NDAREC Headquarters, Mandan
• Direct the publishing of North Dakota Living magazine, North Dakota’s best-read publication
• Supervise a team of publishing professionals who provide magazine writing, photography, design, ad sales, circulation and other communication services
• Supervise the creation and updating of content plans and production and editorial calendars
• Oversee the print schedule for the magazine
• Ensure the communication topic priorities of NDAREC align with the quality of life priorities of North Dakota’s rural electric cooperatives
• Supervise the delivery of publishing services for cooperatives participating in North Dakota Living including monthly design, proofreading and printing of local cooperative pages
• Provide/promote education and recognition opportunities for local cooperative editors
• Provide leadership in communication products and services for all NDAREC service areas
• Oversee electronic formatting and distribution of North Dakota Living, cooperative local pages of
North Dakota Living and other NDAREC communication products
Skills required include: Planning, organization, time and staff management, command of AP Style, writing, speaking, photography, IT and electronic media, creativity, visual sense, finance and budgeting, understanding of target audiences, negotiation and decision-making.
Experience and Education
• Require five years of progressively responsible experience in magazine, newspaper editing,
publishing or related communication program.
• Prefer college degree in communications, journalism, public relations, business or related field, or advanced degree in same or related field.
Application Submission: A cover letter, resume and writing sample can be mailed to Josh Kramer, NDAREC general manager, P.O. Box 727, Mandan, ND 58554; or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: December 14, 2018.
NDAREC is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Manager of and Public Relations and Communications
Cass County Electric Cooperative, Fargo
Cass County Electric Cooperative has an opening for a manager of public relations and communications. The purpose of the position is to effectively lead the marketing and communications team with positive influence and forward thinking. Responsible for the development and implementation of corporate marketing programs; graphic design; member engagement; product/services promotions; corporate legislative programs; community involvement; and public relations efforts. Click here for job description and application.