Innovative Energy Alliance Cooperative (IEA)
Innovative Energy Alliance Cooperative (IEA) is seeking to fill the Co-General Manager/CEO position on our team. IEA is a professional management and service cooperative that provides member-focused support for KEM, Maintenance Solutions, Mor-Gran-Sou, Roughrider and Slope Electric Cooperatives, as well as WDUS Holdings, LLC, which includes as its subsidiaries 3C Construction, LLC and West Dakota Utility Services, LLC in North Dakota.
This position provides senior level leadership, advice, and assistance to the various boards of directors concerning industry changes, strategic planning, business objectives, and policy needs that will support IEA’s mission, vision, and values while providing effective guidelines for business operations now and in the future. Communication skills, leadership ability, and a personality that combines a high quality of diplomacy, ambition, and initiative, along with a high degree of self-motivation are central to this position. Key to this position is the ability to work with all levels of personnel in the organization and to be an effective advocate for the cooperative in both public and private settings.
To serve effectively in this position, the incumbent must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a related field and a minimum of five years senior management experience or in lieu of a bachelor’s degree, a minimum of twelve years of senior management experience. Senior management experience should include long and short-range planning, finance, operations and supervision, or equivalent experience. Requires the ability to interpret union contracts, agreements, and administrative policies.
This position requires knowledge of principles and practices of RUS Uniform System of Accounts; good working knowledge of NISC software; knowledge of RUS construction specifications and work order accounting; supervisory training and/or experience; and use of appropriate methods and means of dealing with human behavior situations in a variety of business circumstances.
The cooperative business model of working together for the greater good and doing our best as a team to serve our members is the heart of the job.
IEA offers a competitive wage, an excellent cooperative benefits package, and work-life balance.
To learn more about Innovative Energy Alliance Cooperative, view the full job description, and additional job posting information visit www.iea.coop and click "Careers/IEA Careers".
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and professional references to IEA General Counsel, Rebecca Thiem at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 26, 2022. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Donald Franklund, Co-General Manager/CEO at email@example.com. All applications are confidential.
Innovative Energy Alliance Cooperative is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. Race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other applicable status protected by Federal, State or Local law are not considered in any employment decision.
WORKING TOGETHER FOR OUR MEMBERS.
Panhandle Rural Electric Membership Association- Alliance, NE
The Board of Directors of Panhandle Rural Electric Membership Association (PREMA) in Alliance, NE seeks a leader with strong communication skills, who understands the importance of connecting to members and employees with the demonstrated ability to manage risks as our next General Manager due to an upcoming retirement. The PREMA Board has retained NRECA Executive Search to facilitate the search process.
Established in 1945, PREMA believes that its members are entitled to the safe and efficient delivery of reliable and reasonably priced electricity and services that will improve our members’ quality of life. For more than 70 years, the cooperative has provided power to all or parts of 11 western Nebraska counties which include Arthur, Box Butte, Cherry, Dawes, Garden, Grant, Hooker, McPherson, Morrill, Sioux and Sheridan. Service excellence is foremost in all contacts and dealings with our members.
PREMA’s service territory covers 7,200 square miles in the central part of the Nebraska panhandle and western sandhills. With 22 dedicated, full-time employees, we are very proud of our high reliability rate and affordable service while maintaining 2,734 miles of distribution power lines, 3,769 total meters and serving approximately 1,600 members. The cooperative has a total utility plant of approximately $44 million and recent total operating revenue of $15 million. Reporting to a 7-member Board of Directors, the GM of PREMA is responsible for carrying out the strategic vision of the cooperative that is set by the cooperative board.
PREMA is located in Alliance, NE in the midst of the beautiful Western Nebraska Sandhills. Alliance has a population of approximately 8,000 people with excellent schools, hunting and fishing. The cooperative is just 3 hours south of the Black Hills of South Dakota and 4 hours north of Denver on Highway 385. PREMA is also close to Western Nebraska Community College and its Powerline Technology Program for lineworkers.
Our Ideal Candidate can demonstrate the following leadership competencies:
- Commitment to talent development, acquisition, and retention: Develops and empowers staff to achieve by championing and applying a systematic performance management process & coaching strategy
- Ability to motivate and positively influence others: Persuades and motivates others towards an outcome consistent with the organization’s mission, vision, and values
- Ability to lead change and manage risk: Identify and actively manage Change and Risk throughout the organization
- Exceptional communication skills, both formally and informally: Listens, relates and expresses oneself in a manner that is effective while supporting mutual understanding
- Strong focus on safety: Upholds and provides focus on the safety standards of the cooperative
- Member focus: Focuses self and the cooperative on the needs of members
- Relationship and teambuilding experience: Creates and fosters constructive working relationships and cohesive teams
- Solid financial understanding and understanding of distribution cooperatives: Fluent with financial metrics and have a detailed understanding of the key financial opportunities as well as financial risks, budget process and power supply concerns
- Community engagement: Community involvement experience or willingness to be involved in the communities that PREMA serves
- Integrity and courage: Makes decisions and acts consistently with values, professional standards, and the broader interests of the cooperative
Experience and Expertise:
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Education or Experience in Accounting & Finance or Business is preferred
- At least five years of leadership experience is preferred
- At least five years of electric utility experience is required
- GM experience preferred but not required
PREMA offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package including a generous 401k match.
PREMA is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. Race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, military, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other applicable status protected by Federal, State or Local law are not taken into account in any employment decision. Learn more about PREMA at https://www.prema.coop/
How to apply: If interested, please apply at https://nreca.applytojob.com/apply/AJ90DBgbyg/Panhandle-Rural-Electric-Membership-Association-GM with the following: 1) Cover letter, 2) resume and 3) contact information for three professional references. Applications must be received by September 1, 2022. If you have any questions, please contact Leigh Taylor, NRECA Executive Search, 571-326-9547 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All replies are confidential.