Engineering & Operations Manager
North Central Electric Cooperative, Bottineau
North Central Electric Cooperative, an electric distribution cooperative headquartered in Bottineau, ND seeks qualified candidates for the position of “Engineering and Operations Manager” due to the promotion of the current Engineering and Operations Manager.
The employee will be a department head and valued member of the management team. The candidate is required to have a degree in either electrical linework, electrical engineering or related field of study. The candidate is preferred to have five years of electrical utility experience and working knowledge with electric utility staking and outage management software. Previous work experience with electric cooperatives and proven supervisory skills are preferred.
The Engineering and Operations Manager is responsible for and supervises all integrated operations and engineering functions for the cooperative including but not limited to implementation of engineering work plan, direct day to day activities of the Engineering and Operations Department, oversee SCADA/AMI activities, coordinate with contractors and ensure safe work practices are followed.
North Central Electric serves the North Central region of ND with 7,600 meters, 3,285 miles of distribution line, $95 million in total utility plant and $25 million in annual revenues. Bottineau is located in North Central ND in the Turtle Mountain region of ND and in the heart of the Four Seasons Playground. This area is renowned for its fishing, boating, mountain biking trails, and hunting both big and small game. Winter time activities include snowmobiling, ice fishing, downhill and cross-country skiing. Bottineau has an excellent school system with a new elementary school that opened in the fall of 2020. Bottineau is also home to Dakota College at Bottineau.
The cooperative offers an excellent benefit package and salary will be commensurate with experience. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send resumes by mail to Jon Beyer, North Central Electric Cooperative Inc, 538 11th St W, Bottineau, ND 58318 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A complete job description is available upon request.
Lower Yellowstone Rural Electric Cooperative, Sidney, Montana
Lower Yellowstone Rural Electric Cooperative, (LYREC), is now accepting applications for the position of Fleet Mechanic in Sidney, Montana. LYREC is a rural electric cooperative providing electric service to our members in six counties in eastern Montana and western North Dakota.
This position is accountable for keeping LYREC’s fleet vehicles and support vehicles in good working order. Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains fleet vehicles and other production equipment. Maintains documentation accompanying repairs and servicing of LYREC’s vehicles.
- Diagnose, repair and maintenance of both gas and diesel truck engines, suspension, brakes, and other standard vehicle mechanical and electrical systems.
- Fabricate new equipment and modifications to existing equipment. Repair tools as needed.
- Exceptional trouble shooting skills and the aptitude to learn several types of equipment.
- Maintain fleet records including, but not limited to, maintenance work to be done, fuel consumption and inventory.
- Demonstrates safety while working.
- Stay informed of advancements in technology by attending workshops and/or classes offered by vendors and technical schools.
- Efficient use of forklift for accepting deliveries and moving freight.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Works effectively with others. Open to suggestions and opposing ideas. Adaptable to change.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job duties are subject to change as directed by management.
- Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in a variety of indoor and outdoor settings, including office, warehouse, yard and in the field.
- Must be willing and able to accept calls for equipment repair at any time, day, or night, in various weather conditions.
- Work requires using equipment that, if not used properly, may cause injuries.
- Exposure to chemicals and other substances that, if not used correctly with the provided safety equipment, may cause injuries.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push/pull, grasp, handle, reach, apply forces with out-stretched arm away from body, stoop, bend, crouch, kneel, twist, climb, stand, and walk.
Engineering & Member Services Technician
Verendrye Electric Cooperative, Minot
POSITION SUMMARY AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs installation, technical trouble shooting, maintenance and repair on the cooperative's SCADA (Supervisory control and Data acquisition) system, automated distribution system, Load management system, advanced metering system, data communications systems, fiber optic installations, computerized control systems, uninterruptible power systems, and other electric/electronic equipment relating to power distribution.
Implementing the cooperative's shop and field meter testing program. Field inspection of on-site metering installations. Reviews metering data for accuracy.
Perform testing, maintenance, inspection and repair of high and low voltage electrical apparatus including: voltage regulators, circuit breakers, reclosers, transformers, control panels, switchgear and insulating fluid analysis.
Performing underground fault and line location duties.
Troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of load management receivers.
Installation, testing, and maintenance of automated smart metering equipment. Inspects member loads to ensure proper rate structure.
Troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of phase converter equipment and variable frequency drives, heating and cooling equipment as a service to our members.
Works with members on renewable energy systems such Solar systems and other dispersed generation technologies. Performs power quality measurements and diagnosis. Troubleshoots UPS systems.
Works with members on cooperative promotions and energy efficiency programs, including electric heat systems, lighting, grain-handling systems, energy usage and billing inquiries.
Assists with engineering duties and activities, gathering of field information, site analysis of electrical load. Visits with members on electrical capacity inquiries
Supervision of assigned personnel.
Performs other duties and activities as may be assigned.
2 year degree in electrical or electronics technology.
North Dakota Journeymen Electrician’s license preferred.
Utility experience or industrial, commercial, residential experience.
Experience with computers, MS Software, Data communications
Good written and oral communications skills
To apply, please visit https://www.verendrye.com/content/employment-opportunities