Apprentice / Journeyman Lineman
Northern Plains Electric Cooperative, Cando
Position opening for an Apprentice or Journeyman Lineman. Position will be based in Cando, ND. The Apprentice / Journeyman Lineman is responsible for building, maintaining, and repairing the Cooperative’s overhead and underground electric distribution line.
Successful applicants must have either a Journeyman Line Worker certification or Apprentice certification. Valid driver’s license and CDL required. A full description of the responsibilities and NPEC Application form are provided at the following website: http://www.nplains.com/content/job-opportunities
Northern Plains Electric Cooperative offers a competitive wage and benefits package including; health insurance, 401k plan, pension and paid vacation.
To apply, send a NPEC Application and cover letter to: Northern Plains Electric Cooperative, Attn: Operations Dept., PO Box 180, Carrington, ND 58421. Applicants must submit an application by March 15th, 2019.
Northern Plains Electric Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
Apprentice or Journeyman Lineman
McLean Electric Cooperative, Garrison
McLean Electric Cooperative in Garrison, North Dakota is accepting applications until March 1, 2019 for a full-time Apprentice or Journeyman Lineman. MEC serves the residents of rural McLean County. MEC exists to provide high value energy to our Members by focusing on delivering safe, reliable, environmentally friendly electricity while promoting energy efficiency through education.
McLean Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Send Resume to:
McLean Electric Cooperative
PO Box 399
Garrison, North Dakota 58540
Attn: Keith Thelen
Or email to email@example.com
Summary: Skilled Apprentice or Journeyman Lineman should be able to perform diversified work in the construction and maintenance of poles, lines, and auxiliary facilities and equipment for the distribution of electricity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides the needed services for the construction, operation, and maintenance of the members electrical distribution system.
• Provides technical skills needed for the operation and maintenance of reliable electrical service for the member.
• Provide for connecting and disconnecting, installing and removal, moving and transferring of various electrical devices on customer’s facilities, i.e. transformers, transformer banks, regulators, switches, switching devices, capacitor banks, etc.
• Capable of investigating consumer complaints and making repairs to energized electrical distribution lines.
• Must have an understanding of basic and advanced electrical principles, possess a working knowledge of RUS specifications, be proficient in all phases of line construction, be capable of operating equipment necessary to complete jobs, i.e. bucket truck, digger derrick, mini excavator, skid loader, chainsaws and wood chipper.
• Applicants must be self-motivated, work well with others, have a positive attitude and be committed to working safely and productively.
• Must possess a Journeyman Lineman Certificate or able to obtain Certificate through apprenticeship program after employment
• Valid Class A CDL North Dakota Driver’s license
• Able to participate in an afterhours on-call rotation
• Journeyman must have Rubber Gloving experience
• Must be able to apply CPR/First Aid
• Safe work record with a commitment to safety
• Lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Requires extended periods of bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting, lifting in awkward positions, standing, twisting, reaching above shoulder level
Apprentice or Journeyman Lineworker
Lower Yellowstone Rural Electric Cooperative, Sidney, Mont.
Lower Yellowstone Rural Electric Cooperative (LYREC) has an immediate opening for an apprentice or journeyman lineworker in Sidney, Montana.
LYREC offers employees a unique working culture where member service is combined with state-of-the-art technology. Employees work in a high-energy environment. Creativity, innovation and teamwork are supported and encouraged. Employees have the opportunity to learn and grow in their careers, including training in the latest technologies. The person in this position is responsible for providing outstanding customer service to our membership by assuring the highest possible degree of construction, line repair and maintenance, and must uphold a strong culture of safety.
Experience/educational requirements: High school diploma and successful completion of a recognized lineman training school. Applicant must have a thorough knowledge of equipment, tools, materials, and services used by electric utilities, extensive knowledge of the description of units, specifications and drawings for line construction of distribution voltages; and a thorough knowledge of operating and construction procedures and RUS practices of electric distribution organizations.
The successful applicant must possess a valid Montana CDL Class A driver's license within 30 days of hire.
Offers are contingent upon completion of a background check. To apply, please visit LYREC’s website at www.lyrec.coop and complete the online process, submit a completed LYREC job application, resume and letter of interest. Paper applications are available upon request and may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to: LYREC / Attn: Operations Manager / PO Box 1047 / Sidney, MT 59270.
LYREC offers excellent benefits, including health care coverage, vacation and sick leave, pension, 401K match, competitive salaries and holiday leave. Consider a career with LYREC.
The position closes on February 22, 2019. Lower Yellowstone Rural Electric Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer.