Lake Region Electric Cooperative, Pelican Rapids, Minn.
Lake Region Electric Cooperative, headquartered in Pelican Rapids, MN is currently seeking three (3) apprentice line workers (3rd year) or journeyman line workers. Position openings are available at our headquarters in Pelican Rapids.
These positions are responsible for performing the duties required in the construction, operation, and maintenance of structures, lines and equipment of the distribution and transmission facilities of the Cooperative in a safe, reliable manner. Candidates must be graduates of a technical college electrical line worker program and enrolled, or completed, a recognized Journeyman Line Worker Apprenticeship program. A valid Class A CDL and the ability to be on-call on a rotating basis is also required.
LREC offers a competitive wage, benefits package, and uniform allowance. Questions regarding the positions can be directed to Theresa Halverson, Human Resource Manager, at email@example.com. The application deadline is August 28, 2023, apply on-line at www.lrec.coop.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Journeyman or Apprentice Lineworker (full-time)
Red River Valley Cooperative Power Association, Halstad, Minn.
Due date to apply: Applications accepted until position is filled
Red River Valley Cooperative Power Association (RRVCPA), an electric cooperative serving 4,850 accounts in Clay, Norman and Polk counties in northwest Minnesota, is looking to hire a qualified full-time Journeyman Lineworker or advanced apprentice to be located at its Halstad headquarters. Halstad is conveniently located halfway between Fargo-Moorhead and Grand Forks. Members in our service territory enjoy the best of rural and suburban living in a region with abundant social and outdoor opportunities.
RRVCPA maintains 1,800 miles of line that is approximately 60 percent overhead line and 40 percent underground. Candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Journeyman credentials and/or an electrical line worker diploma from an approved program.
- A Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with a good driving record.
- Knowledge of and the ability to learn all facets of construction and maintenance of the distribution system following Rural Utility Service construction specifications.
- Value safety and care about the safe operation of the distribution system.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are necessary. Must have a pleasant and respectful demeanor when dealing with co-workers, members and the general public.
- Be capable of learning and/or proficient in using software applications, or apps to obtain and enter information specific to the cooperative.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, background check and drug/alcohol check.
RRVCPA offers competitive wages and a strong benefits package, including pension, matching 401k and medical. This is a union position (IBEW 1426). The successful applicant would generally be expected to live within 30 minutes of Halstad. Being available during designated on-call periods for outage restoration is a requirement of the position.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Jim Shelquist, Line Superintendent, Red River Valley Co-op Power via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. More information about the cooperative can be found at www.rrvcoop.com.
Red River Valley Co-op Power is an equal opportunity provider and employer.